The MATRC is continually developing resources that can be used to facilitate the growth of telehealth, particularly in rural and medically underserved areas. Presently, these are the ways that MATRC can help you:
1) Technical Assistance/Consultation: MATRC Staff are available to answer your questions about telehealth reimbursement, policies, technology, operations and more. Additionally, each year MATRC contracts with a network of Consultative Service Partners to provide greater depth to the services provided by MATRC Staff. Areas of expertise include topics like industrial/occupational telehealth, remote patient monitoring, e-Consults, school telehealth, correctional telehealth, billing and coding and much more.
- What Can We Expect from MATRC’s Consultative Service Partners? All of our Consultative Service Partners are available to provide individual or group Technical Assistance via phone, videoconference, email, in-person meeting, presentation and/or site visit/tour to those residing in the MATRC region. MATRC places a priority on providing technical assistance at no cost to HRSA grantees interested in establishing or expanding a telehealth program. This includes, but is not limited to Federally Qualified Health Centers, and the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy/Office for the Advancement of Telehealth program grantees. For non-HRSA grantees in the MATRC region, we are able to offer approximately 10 hours of services per client per year at no cost. Tier 1 Technical Assistance includes:
- Providing program overviews
- Making available to you non-proprietary (generic and publicly available) program materials
- Answering questions about program structure, funding, best practices and lessons learned.
- Providing guidance on program development, technology requirements, workflow/processes, policies and procedures and more.
- Who Are MATRC’s Consultative Service Partners? Click here for a profile of our Consultative Service Partners for the 2021-2022 Year.
- How Do I Request Technical Assistance from MATRC Staff or MATRC’s Consultative Service Partners? Please submit your Technical Assistance Request using our Online Technical Assistance Request Form. If you know specifically which Consultative Service Partner(s) you would like to receive services from, you may specify this on the form. Otherwise, indicate No Preference and MATRC Staff will be glad to answer your questions and/or refer you to the best suited Consultative Service Partner as needed. The more detailed you can be regarding the nature and specific details of your situation/need or question, the better able we will be to respond to your request in a timely manner.
2) Virtual Office Hours. Several times a month, we offer recurring Virtual Office Hours focused on different topics/issues include Telehealth Basics/Telebehavioral Health, School Based Telehealth and Telehealth Technology and Working with Vendors. This is a great way get your questions answered by a “live” person and to have a sounding board for ideas. Just jump in any time during the Office Hours block of time.
3) State-Specific Resources: MATRC has made an effort to collect information about telehealth policies and resources for each State within the MATRC region.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey (Central and South)
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
4) Web-Based Tools and Toolkits: MATRC has been creating a variety of web-based tools and toolkits. Not sure where to start? Check out our:
- Hot Topics
- COVID-19 Toolkit (including great information and videos about telehealth best practices)
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned in COVID Response Efforts (includes a set of downloadable Implementation Toolkits for Autism, Corrections Populations, eConsults, Long-Term Care Settings, Populations Experiencing Homelessness, Home-Based Populations and Transgender Populations)
Or if you have specific topic areas, use our Chatbot named MATT (Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Tech) found on the lower right hand corner to help you havigate.
5) Webinars, Presentations and Other Speaking Engagements: MATRC actively contributes to the National TRC Webinar Series. These webinars are FREE to the public on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Click Here to see what is coming up and to visit the archive of materials and recordings from previous webinars and events. To request a presentation or other speaking engagement from MATRC staff or one of MATRC’s Consultative Service Partners, please use our Online Speaker Request Form.
6) Annual Regional Telehealth Summit: Each year MATRC sponsors an Annual Telehealth Summit to provide education on a variety of issues and topics, including telehealth policy, best practices, model programs, technology, and trends. Click Here to find information about upcoming Summits or to see materials from previous Summits..
7) Information Dissemination: MATRC uses both social media and email as ways to disseminate important information.
- “Like Us” on Facebook OR “Follow Us” on Twitter or LinkedIn to stay on top of time-sensitive information about funding opportunities, events, and news stories relevant to the MATRC region.
- “Subscribe” to MATRC Quarterly e-News to receive information about national and regional news, receive updates about MATRC resources and events, and find out about exciting initiatives.
MATRC is committed to adding and updating resources over time. If there is a resource that you would love to see or if you know of a resource that we missed, please let us know using our Feedback button on the website (lower left hand corner)!